24 January, 2009

Green Screening

This last week, we played around with green screening. By green screening, I mean I stood in front of my fuzzy blue blanket with Jim filming me. I'm at home right now, so I'm unable to upload the video that I have on my computer in Rolla. Nonetheless, for 4 guys in a dorm room, a cheap digital camera, lighting from two desk lamps, a fuzzy blue blanket and a lot of spare time, we're pretty satisfied with the results. I'll upload it to here as soon as I get back. Stay tuned for that.

[VIDEO PLACEHOLDER]

Also, by random happenstance, I was in Calc 3 Thursday, when I was talking to that one guy and he said he didn't know my name. It made me extraordinarily happy, and I said we should probably keep it that way.


Parking Lot Ooze: It's Not Just a Band Name Anymore

I live in a dorm complex called the Residential College. Within a very short time of moving in, it became apparent to us that the parking lot was constantly damp. At first, we thought it was just a car leaking fluids or a hose. Little did we know, we couldn't have been more wrong with that assumption. Upon inspection of the parking lot, we discovered that it, itself, was oozing this mysterious liquid. It was then, that we knew we had to investigate this strange phenomenon.
Our first instinct was to examine the substance. After sending a sample of it to labs for testing, it was revealed that it cured cancer. This was shocking indeed and caused us to further our investigation. The ooze was obviously not being generated by the concrete, because concrete ooze currently only cures AIDs. We excavated the site revealing the source. We were shocked to find the following producing the cancer curing ooze:

We will continue to run tests on the specimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment