06 March, 2009

I'm Hungery

So it has been lent for just over two weeks, and even though I am not always fully sure of my opinions on all of this stuff (we won't get into this), I was thinking of doing something for it. At the very least you can consider lent being a catalyst. I was not quite sure what my plans were, either starting something new that I would consider productive to my life, or giving something big up that would be productive to my life. Seeing as I couldn't thing of the latter, I opted for the former. I was completely stumped for that one two, and, long story short, came up with a good idea outside of both of those.

I have decided not to eat on Fridays, which is not really productive, but when I thought about it, I just felt like it was a good idea. I don't know what I will get out of it, but if I'm lucky I might think about something, otherwise I'll just be a little hungry on Fridays. I decided it was more counting that giving up watching TV or computer or something during lent, which seems trivial and something I would've done in 5th grade. To extend it a little further, I am not calling it 12 AM Friday to 12 AM Saturday, because I feel it a cop-out to wait until midnight to eat. Instead I am counting from when I wake up until when I fall asleep on Friday.

It has turned out not to be that hard up until about 10 PM, at which I am just plain hungry. the downside of this is that I just woke up from a nap, so I won't be sleeping for awhile, and will just be very hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment